WHERE – AND WHAT IS – FABFORCE?
Located in Mooresville, NC – ‘Race City USA’ - FabForce Trade School is a Stock Car Racing body hanging and chassis fabrication company first and a training program second. All FabForce classes are conducted in a hands-on race car fabrication shop, not a simulated shop set up strictly for running a school.. These activities are reinforced with in classroom manuals, overviews and explanations.
No other training schools in the industry are set up in this ‘real world’ actual racing environment
HOW LONG HAS FABFORCE BEEN IN BUSINESS?
Bobby Newling, The owner of FabForce has built over 1400 NASCAR CUP, XFINITY, TRUCK, ARCA and SUPER LATE MODEL Series bodies and chassis for some of the most successful teams in racing since 1990. In the process, FabForce has trained dozens of racing industry professionals in the art of body hanging and chassis building.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO FABFORCE?
1. There are no educational qualification prerequisites.
2. Students may be asked to take other courses as a prerequisite before the NASCAR body-chassis building courses can be scheduled (I.E. For beginners, no welding or fabrication skills, etc.)
3. Students must be at least 18 years old. Students under the age of 18 will be considered for admission, but only after a parental consent form signed by a legal guardian has been submitted and approved.
4. Registration for all courses is on first come, first served basis. Early registration is encouraged as courses are limited to 12 (Basic Courses) and 8 (Advanced Courses) students and fill up fast.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF FABFORCE INSTRUCTORS?
The FabForce staff is led by Robert Newling, one of the most respected fabricators in professional motorsports for the past 30 years. Our remaining instructors are some of the most qualified race car fabricators in the industry and possess many years working for top tier teams or running their own fabrication shop. They are ‘real world’ experienced and accomplished master fabricators, not hired trade school instructors that only know how to teach from the book.
HOW LONG IS THE BASIC FABFORCE COURSE?
The FabForce Basic Course program is only 160 hours long. Each class is limited to a maximum of 12 students – and our Advance Courses are capped at just eight (8) students per session, to maximize one-on-one time between the student and the instructor. Daily class schedules are held in half-day sessions - from 8 a.m.-12 noon, and from 2-6 p.m. (classes may run later if the class or a student requires further instruction). Additional classroom sessions may be conducted Saturday and/or Sunday at the instructor's discretion/student’s request.
Students completing each FabForce Basic or Advance Course will receive a FabForce Certification
(Certificate in recognition of their academic achievement.)
WHAT WILL I ACTUALLY LEARN?
FabForce is the only professional motorsports fabrication school that provides students with the educational opportunity to build a NASCAR, XFINITY, TRUCK, ARCA and SUPER LATE MODEL BODIES and chassis from the ground up.
As such students will be instructed in the following –
1. How a typical professional motorsports body and chassis shop operates and skills /work ethic needed to excel in this fast-paced environment (Emphasis on NASCAR.)
2. How to navigate the specific division rules website and read/interpret the rules for that division.
3. How to use all the shop tools and machines required to build a race car body and or chassis.
4. How to use and determine what hand tools you will need to work in the motorsports industry as a professional motorsports body and chassis fabricator
5. How to use and identify all the NASCAR templates and measurements associated with the body and or chassis
6. How to measure the NASCAR Body and or Chassis XYZ coordinates with a CMM, “Romer” (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN TUITION?
1. List of Fab tools students will need to start their career.
2. Program Study Manual
3. Five (5) FabForce Work Shirts
4. Fully Equipped, Stocked and Safe Work Environment 5. Job Placement Services/Assistance After Certification
WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING A JOB ON A NASCAR OR ARCA RACE TEAM AFTER GRADUATION?
FabForce has significant contacts and placement opportunities with multiple NASCAR and other racing series teams in the Charlotte, NC area thanks to the high-quality of motorsports fabrication professionals trained at NEWFAB over the years. Teams always have jobs available for the kind of professional grade people (regardless of age or gender) who graduate from FabForce, so your odds of getting a job are very good.
WHAT ARE FABFORCE COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS?
All students must have a completed COVID test with results paperwork emailed to FabForce prior to taking any courses.
Each student must have their temperature checked prior to the start of class each day.
Each student must wear a certified N95 mask when entering the FabForce office or student training complex.
(Masks will be provided free of charge if you do not have your own).
CAN I TOUR FABFORCE PRIOR TO ENROLLING?
Yes! We would love to show you our facility and how you can benefit from a career in professional motorsports fabrication.
Please contact our office today to schedule a personalized tour at your convenience.